The castle of Harzé - classified in 1965 - is situated south of Aywaille and dates back to the 16th century. It was already mentioned in 1064 as a fortified manor house and is entirely built in local stone in a Renaissance Meuse style. The stables and barns date from 1723 and the caretaker’s lodge from 1724. The splendid courtyard also has an Italian Renaissance style gallery.
In the amazing "Salle des Comtes" one can see remarkable walls covered in Cordoba leather. The outbuildings are home to the museum of Milling and Bakery.
The castle has recently acquired a residential seminar centre with outstanding services in this field.
The castle cannot be visited but its park remains accessible to the public.
A Cheese Festival takes place there every year in August.
- Touring languages :
- Facilities/Services :
- Picnic table
- People with limited mobility :
- People with limited mobility