Set in the heart of the town, this fine stone church, which was rebuilt in 1661 and again in 1733, is noticeable from the outside for its squat tower. The interior was renovated at the end of the 19th century by the Ghent architect, Van Assche.
Several items are worth a closer look. Firstly the large statue in polychrome wood of Christopher, the patron saint of the parish. It stands an imposing 3m50 and is sculpted from one piece. The original Gothic choir is listed. Noteworthy also are the baptismal fonts and the pulpit (1688). A contemporary composition of 1996 replaces the traditional doleful Way of the Cross by an original and welcome "Way of Life" depicting key moments in the life of Jesus. It is a work by Costa Lefkochir.
- Touring languages :
- Languages spoken :