Surrounded by enclosed expanses of
pastureland, the village stands at the summit of a promontory which
dominates the church. The use of brick for the walls, slate for the
saddleback roofs and stone for the frameworks of the windows and the
right-angle quoins characterise the architecture of the whole village.
To break up the simplicity of the buildings, decorative research has been applied to the slates. Windvanes dominate the roofs and bear witness to an art of ironwork brilliantly executed.
Worth of seeing:
• St-Jacques-le-Majeur church (17th-century) and its cemetery,
• Place de la Halle
• The Old Town Hall (1888), which goes over the main road, is today used as a registry office, so that one can say in Clermont "we marry in the street"
• Stop on the pilgrim route to St James of Compostella, on the Via Mosana
• Crawhez Castel
• Clermont Castle
• Ste-Anne chapel
• Remember Museum 39-45