Eglise d’Aubel et son cimetière

  • Église aubel

Proudly standing 64 metres high, the steeple is visible all over the region. Built in the gothic style and completed in 1910, the Aubel parish church, the work of Emile Deshayes from Charneux, never fails to cast a spell over visitors thanks to its elegance and stately character.

The stain-glass windows, skilfully produced by the master glass-maker Camille Ganton-Defoin, light up the area inside with their glowing colours. The 7 large glass walls surrounding the chancel symbolise the mysteries of the rosary. Represented with the cruciferous stag on the stain-glass windows of the transept, saint Hubert, the patron saint of the parish, is also featured in the central nave: a statue made by Francis Jacobs de Hermée. The organ builder Nagels-Nijs de Kozen made the choir organs in 1991.

The former cemetery used to encircle the church. Disused since 1925, it contains splendid funeral stones from the 16th to the 20th century, to be discovered at the bend in a path winding the tree-covered park of the cemetery.

  • Touring languages :
    • French
loading
Directions to :
Rue de Battice
4880
Aubel
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 50.6967
Longitude : 5.85565
Contact
Rue de Battice
4880
Aubel
  • Languages spoken :
    • French