Built in 1747, as we are reminded by the pediment overhanging the main entrance, it is reminiscent of the rococo style, with alternating red bricks and limestone.
To the left of the facade, a span of openings similar to those in the building was added against the gable in the early 20th century.
Inside visitors are treated to the sight of sumptuous wooden decorations, sculpted doors, fireplace mantels, parquets and stairs. The facade at the rear hangs over the terrace and the garden demarcated by a low stone wall.
The town hall originally accommodated the gendarmerie, the various floors housed the gendarmes' apartments and the cellars were used as prison cells. The cellars were recently renovated so they could serve to house the municipal library.
The traces of a church in Olne date back to 1005, when the moors between Soiron and Soumagne were donated to the St Adalbert canon. The present building dates back to 1584 in the case of the tower and 1761 in the case of the naves and choir.
Located on a mound in the village centre, the church is surrounded by the old cemetery and encircled by a sandstone wall, interrupted by the stairs and the entrance to the great door.
The furniture inside is outstanding: oak altar and benches, pulpit, stucco ceiling, organs, bells and various religious items.
- Touring languages :
- Languages spoken :