For 8 rolls :
◾350 g ordinary sifted wheat flour
◾50 g crushed walnuts
◾40 g raisins
◾12 g fresh baker’s yeast
◾20 cl tepid water (+/- 30°)
◾1.5 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix the fresh yeast in the 20 cl tepid water.
- On the worktop, pour out the 350 g flour, make a well into which you will add the mixed yeast.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the salt and knead your dough thoroughly for 5 minutes.
- Then fold in the crushed walnuts and raisins.
- Continue to knead for 5 minutes (your dough must form a smooth and homogeneous ball).
- Place it all in a dish, cover with a dry cloth and leave it sit for 45 minutes in a warm place away from draughts (to allow the dough to rise).
- Then place your dough on your worktop, break it several times with your hands and shape 8 small round rolls with floured hands.
- Place them on a floured baking tray, cover with a cloth and leave them to sit in a warm place again for 2 and a half hours.
- Preheat your oven to 240° C.
- Wet the rolls a little and cut a cross in the top of them.
- Bake for 25 min. at 240°, lowering the temperature to 210° for the final 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a rack...
PS: To make sure that your rolls are thoroughly cooked, tap on them: if it sounds hollow, it’s the perfect time to stop baking!
You can of course use this dough to make a single loaf; but, in that case, you will need to extend the baking time a bit...
- Level of difficulty :
- Nombre de personnes :
- Number of people 8
- Temps de préparation :
- Preparation time 3:30
- Cooking time 0:35
- Classification :
- 1 portion
- Category :