Tour of the Telephony Museum with guide
Every second Sunday from 2.30pm
100 years of telephony history.
Today, we are not surprised to hear from someone on the other side of the world.
But what process was undertaken by scientists and researchers to achieve this feat?
We take you on this century-long journey retracing the history of telephony through learning material that you can operate or see work.
The different parts of the tour:
- Presentation of communication methods through the ages.
- Discovery of the electrical phenomena which made the discovery of the telephone possible.
- Recreation of the first phone line by Graham BELL in 1876.
- Improvement of the equipment, designed by Graham BELL, to make it usable by the general public.
- Discovery of the first phone network, served by "phone ladies".
- Discovery of the limitation of the manual telephone, which lead to the development of automatic machines.
- Appearance of electronics, IT and micro-electronics, bringing about current telephony.
- Discovery of the last speaking clock in Belgium.
- Touring languages :
- Visites pour groupes :
- Visites groupes
- Guided tours for groups (always available)